live Sax music - just for you
Welcome to the Website of Tim Clarke - The Sax Man.
Are you looking for an experienced Musician to play at your Wedding?
Or perhaps a Birthday Party, Wedding Anniversary, or other Family Event?
Or are you a Business requiring background or centre-stage Entertainment?
Maybe you'd like some live music for Cocktails or a Garden Party without the expense and hassle of booking a band?
Tim is a highly-recommended, professional Wedding & Events Saxophonist based on the borders of North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Lancashire.
His versatility and range of music makes him the perfect answer for your entertainment needs, whatever your event .......
but his Specialism is as a WEDDING MUSICIAN.
Tim Clarke - The Sax Man ......... YOUR saxophonist for Yorkshire, Lancashire ..... and more!
(Photograph courtesy Paula Solloway Photography)
THIS VIDEO WAS SHOT AT A CHARITY EVENT: WHILST THE PICTURE QUALITY IS POOR, YOU CAN APPRECIATE THE FANTASTIC ATMOSPHERE CREATED BY LIVE SAX MUSIC! WHATEVER KIND OF MUSIC I PLAY, YOU ARE ASSURED A GREAT TIME - AT YOUR WEDDING, BIRTHDAY PARTY OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL EVENT.
WHY SAXOPHONE MUSIC AT YOUR WEDDING?
You may not have thought beyond booking a band/DJ for your wedding day music, but you and your guests will love the distinctive, smooth sounds of live saxophone music during any part of your wedding day - from the initial drinks reception to your night-time event.
The saxophone, accompanied by top-quality backing tracks, provides an authentic sound for ALL types of music, unlike any other musical instrument. The range of sound quality Tim provides ensures that all kinds of music sound great: the alto sax, bright and cheery; the tenor, sultry and sexy; the soprano, smooth but clear; the clarinet (if required), sonorous and gentle. Live saxophone music is THE solution for your wedding reception entertainment - whether it's love songs for your drinks reception, service/ceremony, wedding breakfast or top wedding dance tunes later on.
If your wedding will be in an old church or spacious hall, the saxophone sounds particularly magnificent, but whatever the surroundings you are assured a carefully prepared, classy performance. Please go to the Wedding Info and How To Book page (click on the above tab).
Tim has over 40 years experience as musician/arranger/composer in many kinds of band:
- Jazz/Swing Bands (alto & tenor saxes, Bb clarinet) [Gerry & The Hat Tricks Band, SMC Big Band]
- Wind Bands (Bb & Eb clarinets, tenor sax) [Two Rivers Concert Band, Clitheroe Town Band, SMC Wind Band]
- Soul Bands (alto & tenor saxes) [Night Soul]
- Covers Band (alto, tenor & soprano saxes, Bb clarinet, percussion, backing singer) [Chill Pill]
- Bavarian Oompah-style Bands (alto & tenor saxes, Bb clarinet) [Yorkshire Oompah Band]
- Military Band [Corps of Drums] (Bb military flute, bass drum, glockenspiel) [Skipton Royal British Legion Band]
- Musical Director of a Clarinet Choir [Ben Rhydding Clarinets]
- Composing and Arranging music for several of the above ...... and of course as a
- Solo Wedding & Saxophonist (using top-quality backing tracks) [Tim Clarke - The Sax Man]
Brought up on Swing, Jazz and Classical music, he not only has a broad musical appreciation - as well as an ear for a 'good tune' - but keeps up to date with the chart scene, which allows him to offer an amazing repertoire. This includes many of the top wedding songs of all time, including many top dance party hits for your evening reception and night-time event.
Some couples are unsure about booking a sax player but they go ahead. Afterwards they are always delighted with how much they enjoyed Tim's performance - please go to the What People Say - Weddings page (tab above) for their comments.
Tim cares about your Wedding and will always go the extra mile to ensure it runs just like you always dreamed it would. If there are any delays, he will continue to entertain you and your guests for a seamless transition into the next stage of the day.
Some brides-to-be book a wedding musician on the basis of price alone: to do so risks undervaluing your Wedding. Worse still, you may make the wrong choice. Not all wedding musicians are the same: you can rely on Tim to provide a classy, smooth and amazing performance from start to finish! Tim is always willing to discuss prices with you if there are any issues.
A FEW REASONS TO BOOK TIM CLARKE - THE SAX MAN FOR YOUR WEDDING OR OTHER EVENT
- Widely-experienced Wedding & Events Saxophonist - he has played during all the stages of a wedding (including an entire evening after the DJ's speaker blew up!) and for other wide-ranging events and celebrations.
- Excellent reviews – some extracts below, but see the What People Say pages (tabs above).
- Favourable Prices - always a Premium Service - never a Premium Price!
- Huge and ever-increasing repertoire of music - approx. 800 songs for you to choose from.
- Firm friendships with wedding couples - Tim likes to develop a relationship with you well before the wedding, which builds trust and confidence, but if feasible he will happily visit you if you would like advice on your wedding day music or any other issues related to your big day.
Extracts from some of my testimonials - but please see the What People Say pages (tabs above)
'If you are looking for a friendly, professional and a truly talented musician then look no further as Tim certainly fits the bill' Dean & Samantha Readman, 2015
' .... not only are you a lovely, kind man but you are a fantastic sax player, you made our day perfect'. Dave & Kirsten Storrie, 2016
'Thank you for your great repertoire, professionalism, personality and co-operation. It was a great decision to book you and made our day extra special'. Dee & Rachel Bennie-Marshall, 2016
'I am sorry I changed my mind with song choices more times than I bet we've had hot dinners but you were accommodating throughout. To anyone considering having a saxophonist, Tim Clarke is the only option for you. His skill is magical, beautiful and second to none. pleasure to have had at our wedding'. Hayley & Sean Stevenson, 2015
'Everyone that attended the wedding thought you were an amazing musician and we couldn't agree more - almost 2 weeks on and we're still receiving comments about you! No wonder people applauded you'! Emma-Jayne & Luke Byers, 2015
'Thank you especially for your kindness to our two girls and for indulging them (and secretly me!) with Frozen songs, we really appreciated that'. Prominent Public Figure - details withheld, large Garden Party, 2015
'Everyone is still talking about how great our entertainment was. You can certainly belt out the Jazz tunes but it was your humour and personality that made the atmosphere amazing! Vinrod Patel, 40th Birthday Party, 2015
'One thing I did appreciate was that it wasn't too loud.... ' Anne Hilton, Golden Wedding Anniversary, 2014
'The music was ALIVE! It added dimension to our 21st "Great Gatsby" party'. Susan Higson, 21st Birthday Party, 2014